Jeff Riecks / Yacht Broker
Jeff is a licensed Florida yacht salesperson and an excellent, accomplished sailing instructor. Prior to becoming a professional mariner, Jeff spent 18 years as an engineer and program manager in the government electronics, logistics, and commercial information technology industries.
As a liveaboard and sailing instructor, Jeff’s unique point of view helps to quickly assess what a client needs in boat size and features. He assists clients in both selecting and evaluating a boat for purchase and determining which type of yacht ownership fits their lifestyle and financial goals.
Liveaboard, Instructor, & Yacht Broker
Sailing Career Highlights
- Sailing educator and charter/private yacht captain since 2001.
- ASA instructor for basic, intermediate, and advanced sailing, cruising, and navigation including liveaboard training sessions
- Recipient of ASA’s “Outstanding Instructor” award
- 100-ton Near-Coastal merchant mariner’s credential with sailing and towing endorsements
- Completed yacht deliveries along the east and west coasts of North America, the Caribbean, and the Bahamas
- Liveaboard sailor.
On a Personal Note
Jeff grew up in Maryland and attended West Virginia University, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. A wanderlust at heart, he has also lived in Texas, Ohio, California, Wyoming, Florida, the Baja of California, Mexico, and Quebec, Canada.
Jeff has a bit of a rock-n-roll past. In fact, he reunited with a West Virginia University pal to play heavy metal. It seems this fellow alumnus lived aboard his boat. Jeff caught the bug sailing his friend’s vessel, and well, the rest is history.