Lagoon 42 Catamaran
Dimensions & Specifications
- Architects: Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost
- Exterior styling: Patrick Le Quément
- Interior design: Nauta Design
- Length over all: 12.80 m / 42′
- Beam: 7.70 m / 25′ 3″
- Draft: 1.25 m / 4′ 1″
- Mast clearance: 20.65m / 67′ 9″
- Light displacement: 12 t / 26,460 lbs
- Sail area: 90 m² / 968 ft²
- Full-batten mainsail: 55 m² / 592 ft²
- Squaretop mainsail opt: 59 m² / 635 ft².
- Self tacking jib: 35 m² / 395.5 ft².
- Code 0 (opt.): 68 m² / 732 ft²
- Engine (std): 2 x 45 CV YANMAR 4JH45 / 2 x 45 HP YANMAR 4JH45
- Fuel capacity: 300 l (+ optional 300 l) / 79 US gal (+79 US gal in option)
- Fresh water capacity: 300 l (+ optional 300 l) / 79 US gal (+ optional 79 US gal in option)
Lagoon 42: A Sleek Modern Design
The Lagoon 42 has a strong resemblance to the Lagoon 52. While it retains the main features of the new generation of Lagoons, it sports a beautiful and elegant silhouette. The mast was moved far aft to re-center the weight which greatly reduces pitching. With a self-tacking genoa and much smaller boom, sail-handling is made a lot easier for short -handed sailing or for a couple.
The open transoms and one-level living space from cockpit into the saloon is new for Lagoon and provides a nice unobstructed living area. The saloon and cockpit are huge areas with lots of lounging space everywhere. The raised helm is closed in by a sliding door, similar to that of the 450S and 52S. The Lagoon 42 is yet another powerful and dynamic design by VPLP.